We’ve landed on the moon, can grow organs and even skydive from space, yet when it comes to understanding the brain, scientists are mostly in the dark. EyeWire is a citizen science game that will radically increase the rate at which neuroscientists discover neural connections and subsequently begin to understand how neurons collectively function, yielding higher level cognition such as visual perception.
Map the 3D structure of neurons by playing EyeWire and become a part of Seung Lab at MIT.
For more, watch computational neuroscientist H. Sebastian Seung (Living Systems DC Salon) explain what the wiring of the brain reveals about genetics, personality, and memory. Seung suggests that complex maps of neural connective structures, or connectomes, will reveal that our experiences literally shape our brains.
- itsmemandy likes this
- iamastrangeloop likes this
- vidanacidade reblogged this from poptech and added:
- gradstudentx reblogged this from poptech
- gradstudentx likes this
- indira reblogged this from poptech and added:
- technosoft likes this
- josster likes this
- jahatasanson likes this
- raygunburrito reblogged this from poptech and added:
- raygunburrito likes this
- thecomebackkid31 likes this
- thelazypianist likes this
- anxietyftw likes this
- lajefita likes this
- poptech posted this