Find the Future: The Game is a pioneering, interactive experience created especially for NYPL’s Centennial by famed game designer Jane McGonigal, with Natron Baxter and Playmatics.
Through a once-in-a-lifetime, overnight event inside the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building as well as an ongoing online game, Find the Future: The Game combines real-world missions with virtual clues and online collaboration—all inspired by 100 works from the amazing collections of The New York Public Library.
“The game is designed to empower young people to find their own futures by bringing them face-to-face with the writings and objects of people who made an extraordinary difference,” says McGonigal.
Find the Future: The Game will kick off on May 20, 2011 as part of NYPL’s Centennial Festival weekend, with a “Write All Night” event inside the landmark building at Fifth Avenue and 42nd Street.
- freetranslatesoftware likes this
- prettyhotandthick reblogged this from emergentfutures
- realcleverscience likes this
- emergentfutures reblogged this from futuristgerd
- futuristgerd reblogged this from poptech and added:
- cobelk likes this
- 0tracas reblogged this from notational
- notational reblogged this from poptech
- winesburgohio likes this
- whattechsavvystudentsrequire reblogged this from poptech
- poptech posted this